This one-day intensive workshop is for those interested in learning professional hand-stitching techniques for both lightweight and heavy leathers. This course is intended to give participants a solid technical foundation with hands-on instruction in correct stitching techniques for the creation of luxury leather goods.
- identify and prepare the leather
- preparing a wax and boar bristle thread
- spacing and spacer techniques
- saddle stitching
- cross stitching
- running stitch
- blanket stitch
- use of needles and awls
- Six awl shapes--round, wedge, cross, twist, reverse twist, and triangle--and their usage.
- burning the thread and finishing techniques.
Tuition: $150 includes the cost of leather and use of all tools.